Have I beaten the circle mod?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

#1: Have I beaten the circle mod? Author: AA_Megadeth PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm
    —
I have been playing Circle for months now, I am just starting the second half of the 18th, and already the russians are showing signs of running out of men. One battle group has been completely destroyed in the north, except for 2 snipers, and a second in stalingrad proper is down mostly machinegun teams. I have killed nearly 10 000 russians with same amount WIA, with another 200 tanks destroyed. I have lost 5000 men in total, half killed. Have I broken the mod?

Circle 18th.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.6 KB
 Viewed:  46274 Time(s)

Circle 18th.JPG

#2:  Author: yuma PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 am
    —
wow thats pretty impressive on a very difficult mod. congrats!

#3:  Author: AA_Megadeth PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 pm
    —
Thanks Smile To be fair, the ai is pretty stupid, mass waves rushing into machinegunfire, tanks blundering through towns, but this might be realistic Wink

#4:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:56 pm
    —
You can probably be awarded a victory in this one :Cool .

#5:  Author: AA_Megadeth PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:37 pm
    —
I think you may be right, I dont see how the russians are going to have any troops left after another 10 days. I am a little dissapointed, I was hoping to get the "desperate hopeless defense" feeling from this mod, the AI just has no clue to how to build an attack. I am sure its even worse in defense.

I noticed that the KV-II could be destroyed by a 42 cm cannon from the rear. I dont think this would have been possible in real life.

Lots of the mods are great for their historical accuracy, but there are some cases where tank armour penetration data is a little fuzzy.

#6:  Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:44 pm
    —
Sehr gut soldat!
CCS community has awarded you with this:

Wink

#7:  Author: AA_Megadeth PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:23 pm
    —
The Knight's Cross with Oakleaves, Diamonds and Swords in Gold? !!!!! I am overwhelmed with this honour, only one other (real) german soldier has ever recieved this award.... Wink

#8:  Author: thorbeer PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:35 am
    —
Congrats for the win. What setting do you use on Recruit <--> Elite?

#9: Re: Have I beaten the circle mod? Author: Gun_Pierson PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:49 pm
    —
Just finished the campaign, could finish him off before end date.  I don't replay maps though, so these are my real losses.  If I'm dumb enough to place an AT gun in a bad spot and loose it, too bad.

Had fun with this mod, although the lack of ammo makes it a bit boring at times, but more realistic.  It's certainly one of the hardest mods vs AI.

operation circle results jan 2014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  290.86 KB
 Viewed:  859 Time(s)

operation circle results jan 2014.jpg

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1