Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Silverpen

Rep: 28.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm Post subject: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Hello again,
It seems the installation of these mods are far from simple.
When I try to install RR-Xv2.0 plugin with the games Config Manager I getan  error message. "Failed to copy ..data \ops\Bridge Head on the Vistula" to system package in the mod with the same name. In fact it also says that this file does not exist on original CC3 game disc.??? By the way as far as I can tell it doesn't.

ANY SUGGESESTIONS?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:02 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Try running the CC3 config manager as administrator.

The plugins work identical to CC5 plugins, so all the solutions you applied for them should work here.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Silverpen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Hi,

Tried running Administrator with Config. Nothing. Now my error message is " Unable to find operation in data" Please reinstall CC3." Have started afresh 3 times and still same problem!!! What do you suggest now?

Silverpen

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Do you have an original Cc3 disc?

Have you done A "FULL"install of CC3?

Have you installed the required maps?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Silverpen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:31 am Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Hi Schrecken,

Thanks for your help.To answer your questions I have an original CC3 disc.I did a full install of CC3 including the one patch.As to the maps I installed
those that came with the Mod. Are there others ?The Maps seem to be the issue..Will retry again.

Silverpen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Hi Schrecken,

No. No luck.Same problem.Program cannot find operation. In fact now original CC3 game WITHOUT MOD/MAPS will not play for same reason.
Need help. Thanks.

Silverpen

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to uninstall,delete the CC3 folder, full reinstall and start from there. Please post results...

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Silverpen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Hey VVV,

Can't believe the problems with installing the mods for CC3.After trying everything that has been suggested above I am no further ahead.
As I last said NOW I can't even get the original game to run on my laptop without the patch or any mod. For over a month now,off and on,
I have tried everything including running the game with compatibility mode in Win98.NADA NADA NADA.The strange thing is I did get CC3 to run on my laptop before with a mod in place.???
This is craziness!.
Any last suggestions before I throw the damn game away!..

Ian     Sad

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Well

generally mod installation and uninstallation has been a non issue with CC3 since Zeppo9 created the config manager.

Most problems have come from user error but more recently Vista has thrown in a few tricks.

You don't say what OS you are using.

But as Mooxe says... go back to the start.

Uninstall CC3

Fresh FULL install of CC3

Install the 3.0b patch

Make sure the game is running properly.... then start with your first mod.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

jman

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

hi there
i am with silverpen on this issue, i run xp, full cc3 install with patch, tried to install real red mod the big version with config mgr 5.1. got new weapons, new sounds but no maps/battles. i have tried copying the map files everywhere and the config mgr never sees them nor does cc3. i love this game. since 98, but should i upgrade to ccV to use all the new mods etc. especially juno mod. jman

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

Real red doesn't come with any new maps or new battles.

It is a data mod only.

There is a BiG version which has new vehicles by dreaded88   RR v0822

what map files did you try and "copy"?

any maps should be unzipped to your \maps folder

I'll just remind you that CC3 has been updated to Cross of Iron which makes it playable on modern PC's, it also incorporates most of the Real Red data changes with a few other tweaks, a new campaign and a stack of new maps.

All these mods are available for Cross of Iron http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

jman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

thanks for putting my thinking straight vvv. i guess i had the full install, if no battles included. now i have wrecked that install but i will follow your instructions. i should get it back. i just ordered cross of iron anyway. what version of close combat do i need for gold juno beach?  thanks jman.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

GJS mod is available for CC5

But a lot of it is included in CC:The Longest Day

As well a GJS conversion over to Longest day is in progress  (slow, but getting there)

see below GJS Scenario editor strat screen in The Longest Day

jman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:21 am Post subject: Re: CC3 iNSTALLATION PROBLEMS OF MODS Reply with quote

guess i need ccv after coi. thanks

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: