German Close Combat Tank Killer!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: German Close Combat Tank Killer! Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:45 pm
    —
German Close Combat Tank Killer!

Brave men who get the job done!

For a Close Comabat tank kill they received the: Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber also known as "Panzerknackerabzeichen".

33mm x 88 mm silver ribbon:

Award Criteria:
“The single handed destruction of an enemy tank by use of hand held weapons such as a panzerfaust, satchel charge, hand grenade, etc.
Anti-tank units were not eligible for this award.”

18.541 Close Combat Tank Destruction Badges was awarded.

The tank destruction badge in silver was instituted by Hitler in March, 1942 to honor individuals who single handedly destroyed an enemy tank with hand held explosives such as a panzerfaust, satchel charge or grenade (anti-tank units were not eligible for this award) . This award was made retroactive to the beginning of the invasion of the Soviet Union (June 22, 1941).

Gunther Viezenz by him self got 21 Close Combat Tank Destruction awards.

A second award was later introduced “The Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Gold”
It was instituted by Adolf Hitler on December 18th, 1943.

It was given for every 5 kills, 421 was awarded.

In honour and respect for the brave!

Stalky

Full name: "Sonderabzeichen für niederkampfen Panzerkampfwagen durch Einzelkampfer"

#2: !!! Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:43 am
    —
more then 5 killed 421 tanks????

must of been some shrecks...and included stuarts,lees,churchills,tetrahs,m10,shermans,t34/t70/t26 and all the other medium and small tanks, bet a few snuck in tankets...

but yeah shrecks would get quite a few!

#3:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:07 am
    —
Well see if I can present a list of "what" when/if I have the time and will.
And no, 5 soldiers dint get 421 kills, 421 soldier(s) got gold, as for very 5 AFV kills.

Faust, may take out any WW2 vehicle, even the bazooka may, seen the Bazooka-Panther test?

#4:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:49 am
    —
And now some German instructions, ”how to” related to the topic..

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWQEqFou1Vs&mode=related&search=

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7SixS9PAw

Notice the first smoke on the T34, its Liquid smoke, intrested read more:
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt/german-glass-smoke-grenades.html
(Swed has a similar system, Im not sure the Liquid is same for Sw is Acid and nasty.)

Enjoy!

Stalky

PS: I bet they wanted a Faust!

#5: whoops Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:25 am
    —
i meant to say, yes 421 men destroyed 5 tanks.

silly me,

but its easy to conceive a shreck crew doing that,including all armoured vehicles neally count.

#6:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:13 pm
    —
Woah! That man must've been a good soldier. Wish i'd have soldiers like him in CC5. Laughing

That man deserves Ritterkreuz des Eisernes Kreuz mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern, und Brillanten.

#7:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:37 pm
    —
Searry wrote:
Woah! That man must've been a good soldier. Wish i'd have soldiers like him in CC5. Laughing

That man deserves Ritterkreuz des Eisernes Kreuz mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern, und Brillanten.

Yeh, Searry your on to something, not all got the Close Combat Tank Kill award for there tank kills, some got other medals instead, I try make a post later.

Gtr

Stalk

#8:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:07 am
    —
Quote:
Faust, may take out any WW2 vehicle, even the bazooka may,

they both can take out any modern vehicle as well Wink.

Post been edited by moderator, part about smoke moved to "smoke thread":
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=24718#24718

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1