Uninstalled now cant reinstall
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Uninstalled now cant reinstall Author: pupuplader PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:50 am
    —
I had to uninstall CCIV from my external hard drive and was going to install on permanent hard drive; however, now every time I insert cd the little black display pops up as usuall and instead of the option to install it says play. It then has a pop up that says "e:\close combat IV\CC4.exe specified file was not found." Mad Of course its not going to play since I uninstalled CCIV already, my question is how do I install the game again since every time I insert the cd it only gives me the option to play? Confused

#2:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:22 pm
    —
pupuplader, it sounds like somehow the registry entry for CloseCombat IV didn't get uninstalled.

Not to worry though. Follow these steps:

1) On your desktop go to 'Start', then 'Run' and type in 'regedit'

2) Once your registry editor opens, go to 'File' and 'Export'..........Save a backup of your registry (and make a note of were it is in case you need to import it back).

3) Then click on the little + symbol for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and go to the SOFTWARE folder................expand that folder too, and look for a folder called Strategic Simulations Inc.

4) Open that one up and there should be a folder called Close Combat

5) Delete that folder and exit the registry editor.

6) Restart your computer and you should be good to go with a fresh installation.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1